Monday, August 5, 2013

Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen Edsa Shangri La Mall

So sorry but this post has no accompanying ramen pictures.  For one we had no real breakfast and this was lunch at almost 2 in the afternoon.  When the ramen arrived we literally dug in and remembered too late I had a blog to post to =P In spite of the cons I will list down later, we love their ramen enough to come back for it.

Since I was so hungry I decided to order edamame but the ramen was served before my appetizer.  The picture below is actually of empty shells.  When I first saw the bowl I wondered if I would be able to finish it but as evidenced by the pic, I did, all by myself.  


When we told my son we were eating at Ikkoryu he wasn't happy at all.  His favorite eating place in Shangri La is Cyma and he calls it "wopa" after the word the servers yell when they present their flaming cheese, an order of which the little boy can finish by himself.  The past few time we have eaten at Ikkoryu, he did not like any of the food.  But this time, when he tried the Karaage again, he liked it so much he demanded for some take home.  



Here's a picture of the place when the number of people had dwindled already.


Pros:

1. Great food!
2. Servers, once their attention has been called, are efficient and nice.

Cons:

1. Smoke, which we assumed was from their cooking stoves, enveloped the dining area and made our eyes water.
2. It was so much warmer inside the restaurant than the mall itself.
3. It was a little difficult to get the waiter's attention.
4. Food was a little pricey.

We hope improvements would be made on these points but honestly we would probably return anyway because the food was that yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment