Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dencio's Capitol Hills, Quezon City

Dinner tonight was at Dencio's in Capitol Hills, Quezon City coz I have been craving for their Sinuglaw which is a mixture of inihaw na baboy with kinilaw na tanigue (fish).  Of course I don't have pics again coz we were too hungry, specially the little boy.

The place was nice and since a typhoon just passed the temperature was cool & the outdoor setting would have been great specially with the view of lit up buildings in Ortigas.  Unfortunately outdoor meant smoking was allowed and so we had to opt for the indoor eating area.  It was clean and the servers were pretty attentive considering the restaurant was full even if it was a weekday.

The food.

My kinilaw na tanigue, (I claim it as mine since I'm the only one who likes it) was a big disappointment.  To my taste buds it was the vinegar they used since the texture and taste of the fish was okay, although not great.  That change in the kilawin process, at least for me, affected the overall taste of the tanigue.  I think Kanin Club, for now, holds the first place status for the Kilawing Tanigue dish.  At least the inihaw na baboy was good.

Our other order was the assorted sinugba or assorted inihaw dishes which comprised of liempo, pusit, pork bbq on a stick and tuna.  A combination of hunger and tasty food, my son finished of the liempo and almost a cup of rice.  I wasn't going to eat the fish since I don't really like them grilled but this one was pretty good.  Between the three of us we finished our orders.

One of the reasons we loved the inihaw was because of the sauce they served with it which is also one of my gripes.  The sauce was yummy because it was full of MSG.  I wish restaurants would find ways of making food tastier without resorting to the use of this magic ingredient.


No comments:

Post a Comment